A gift always consists at least of two actual giftable items, which can be the following:
- size: 2000 or 5000 gold
- giftable: to at least 2 players.
- obtainable: only by buying boosters boosters for gems in the shop
- size: 5 or 10 gems
- giftable to: between 2 and 20 players
- obtainable by: buying boosters boosters for gems in the shop
Prerelease ticket gifts
- size: 2 tickets
- giftable to: up to 2 players usually
- obtainable by: selling cards to the Card Appraiser (NPC) usually
There are two common ways in the game to receive booster gifts: Selling cards to the Card Appraiser (NPC) or buying boosters with gems.The former one might only give a single booster as a reward. But the more common form is the 2 booster gift.
- size: 1 (not giftable then) or 2 booster
- giftable to: up to 2 players
- obtainable by:
- buying boosters with gems
- selling cards to the Card Appraiser (NPC) (this might result in getting only a single booster as a reward - no gifting would not be possible)
All gifts can be found in the message tab in the main menu. If one part of the gift was already claimed by the player, the remaining gifts are listed at the bottom of the message tabe - under 'Gift List'.
To actually gift to another player, the blue present under the gift's name has to be touched/clicked. Then a new window with the current friend list will open. By using the 'Enter a name' at the bottom of that pop up, it's possible to gift to players, not currently being in the friend list.
Be aware, that each gift may only be gifted once to the same player.
Claiming vs. Gifting
The special thing about gifts is, that the player can choose if he wants one part of the gift for himself or to gift all to other players. So for example the player may keep (claim) one booster and gift the other one. Or he may decide he to gift both boosters.
Since the game has no interface for trading or selling gifts, they are generally traded on secondary markets like in our Trading Forum.
To sell gifts for gold, an additional step has to be taken: The buyer of the gift buys a card worth the agreed sum for the gift from the seller. After that the seller just sends the gift to the buyer.